FINAL SOUNDTRACK PRODUCTION :: EVALUATION

by 06:13 0 comments
Thor (2011)



Thor was my first final outcome that I did, with Thor I tried to match the original scene and meaning as I added sad music in the background to represent that something is going to happen and create an emotional atmosphere. I also added a variety of different sound effects that sounded similar to the original sounds such as the a futuristic door and fire spray that was used to create the effect of the helmet opening and closing with the fire inside it. From the proposal, I believe that everything went to plan and came out how I intended it to be as all the sound effects and music was in sync and described the mood and meaning of the scene. Throughout this scene I lowered the music in the background but also some of the sound effects to create a suspenseful mood and meaning

The one thing I think that I could have done better is that the voiceover could have been clearer with more precise timings. But also I could have added some Foley sound effects to make it more easier to add it to the editing.


The recording software I used to record the dialogue was reaper, I recorded the dialogue at the very start of the process so that I could put it up with the sound effects whilst I edit it. The software I used to edit the actual video was Adobe premiere where I added the sound effects and dialogue to match the voice of the actor speaking. With this scene I tried to make even sadder by adding music in the background that were sad enough.

Lucy (2014)


The second final outcome that I did was Lucy with a scene that only had sound effects and no dialogue. I wanted to do this scene, as I wanted to experiment with the different uses of sound effects that I could add in the final production. I believe that the Final soundtrack is similar to the proposal of what I wanted to do. I added every single sound effect that there possibly was with some of them being lower and some being higher to create an effect that you actually were there and could hear all the sounds in the room from the lower ones to the higher ones. The Foley sound effects that I used were at the end when the guy was playing with his keys and when he put the gun on the table. I used my personal keys to make that sound of the keys in his hands and I put my phone on my table to represent the gun being placed on the table. To record this sound effect I used a IMac program called Reaper where I started recording as I was playing with the keys to create the effect that the keys were in his hands, I also recorded the gun drop with my phone on reaper, I done this by placing my phone on the table as it was recording this was to create the effect of the person placing a gun on the table.  I also used a chain sound effect and lowered the audio volume when she was sitting still and the chain kept moving

As the top one, I used Adobe Premiere to add all the sound effects into the video, I added all the sound effects into the software and edited it by editing volume envelopes to make the sounds higher and lower. Throughout the editing I tried to effectively communicate the mood and meaning by adding suspenseful music in the background and realistic sound effects that you would hear as if you were in the actual scene. I tried not to change the mood and meaning of the scene as I felt it wouldn't be as good in a different mood and tried to keep it similar to the original sequence.

Tomcoulsdon

Owner

Hi. This is my Media Upper Sixth Blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment