Final Video - Crime in: The Croydon Borough + Pre-prdocution + Evaluation

by 13:26 0 comments
Pre Production:

Budget: When I make my documentary there will be no budget need as all Ill need is a camera, which I can get from the College or using my phone as a camera.

Time Schedule:
2nd December 2015 – Croydon Centrale (Interview People)
3rd December 2015 –Croydon high street (Interviewing People)
9th December 2015 – Croydon High Street (Interviewing people, taking shots of the surrounding area)
10th December 2015 –East Croydon Station (Interviewing People)
16th December 2015 – South Croydon (Interview people and taking shots of surrounding area)
17th December 2015 – Purley (Interviewing people)

Personnel Sheet: I might need a Personnel sheet as I will interview strangers in public or people that I know about the issue and I will be using the camera so in the video you will only be able to see the person that I’m interviewing.

Name:
Date:
Silvia Lejava
9/12/15
Victoria Kana
10/12/15
Kristine Lejava
9/12/15
David Allan
8/12/15
Rebecca Cristaldi
9/12/15
Mia Heppel
9/12/15
General Croydon Public…
12/12/15 - 13/12/15


Facilities: The equipment that I will need is a Camera and a tripod to film people whilst I ask them questions. I will also need some sort of editing software to later edit my clips into one final documentary.

Locations: The location will mainly focus on the Croydon high street as that is where most people go to shop within the borough but also some of the other locations include East Croydon Station as that is where a lot of people come into Croydon from different areas of London.

Clearances:
The only Copyrighted material I will need to ask for permission is the statistics of the crimes from the Croydon borough as I will be using that information to make it more factual. I will also be asking the people that I interview for their permission to record them as I interview them.

Copyright:
I will be using some copyrighted content such as statistics and facts on current and previous figures in Croydon about crime this is so that I can put more information and statistics to make it more professional. I will be using non-copyrighted music within the background to make it a more effective documentary.  I will also be using some clips of YouTube to make sure that people understand what im going to be talking about.

Health and Safety:
As for Health and safety, I will be taking pre-cautions to make sure that nothing bad happens. I will make sure that if it’s a rainy day to be careful of not tripping and breaking the camera, as the paths may be slippery.  Also, I will be looking out for cars on the main road so that I don’t get run over. I will make sure that I don’t get run over by trams as I interview people in East Croydon.

Codes of Practice and Regulations:

3.2 Descriptions or demonstrations of criminal techniques which contain essential details which could enable the commission of crime must not be broadcast unless editorially justified.
2.2 Factual programmes or items or portrayals of factual matters must not materially mislead the audience. (Note to Rule 2.2: News is regulated under Section Five of the Code.)
2.3 In applying generally accepted standards broadcasters must ensure that material which may cause offence is justified by the context (see meaning of "context" below). Such material may include, but is not limited to, offensive language, violence, sex, sexual violence, humiliation, distress, violation of human dignity, discriminatory treatment or language (for example on the grounds of age, disability, gender, race, religion, beliefs and sexual orientation). Appropriate information should also be broadcast where it would assist in avoiding or minimising offence.
1.3 Children must also be protected by appropriate scheduling from material that is unsuitable for them.

Final Documentary...


Evaluation:
Throughout this project the aim of the video was to help stop or decrease the amount of crime happening in the croydon borough but also it was to inform the public about what other people think about croydon and wether they feel safe or not in the borough.

At the start of the project I didn't know what my social issue was going to be so I decided to go for a more obvious but personal approach the documentary which was crime as I have once been robbed at croydon high street and from that moment I haven't felt safe in croydon and so I wanted to know some other people opinions of croydon.

As my video was about the croydon Borough, I decided to go location scouting to find where I could use footage from such as pan shots, long shots, etc... I then went on to interview who live in croydon or have previously lived in croydon and asked them 5 different questions that would explain to audience about how they felt living in croydon and wether they're safe or not.
Once I shot all the footage I went on to editing which was tedious to do as I had to separate each clip into the questions that I asked. As I tried to make the documentary not boring as most documentaries I see tend to be boring and dull as its just filled with interviews or people life stories, but i decided to add small clips in the middle of the interviews to show the crime and violence of croydon, from harassing people to the London riots.

Personally, I liked the way the documentary came out as its informative and educational but at the same time its entertaining to watch, having added the clips in the middle of the interview. But the part I really like is the end when david cameron speaks out and says that he will put an end to all this, I like this part as someone from the government speak out about this and help raise awareness of the crimes happening in croydon and across the UK and world.

Feedback:
Whist asking for feedback, two of the students found this documentary interesting as its very informative but also entertaining. where as one person who watched it, didn't like this documentary as they found it quiet bland and boring at the start and found that the editing didn't come out that great. So in the end of the feedback I found out that, 2/3 people enjoyed the doucmentary as it was entertaining but the one person didn't like it because they bland and dull to watch.

Tomcoulsdon

Owner

Hi. This is my Media Upper Sixth Blog

0 comments:

Post a Comment